February’s app – PhoToDo – is now available on the App Store, and just like last month, here is the postmortem for it.
- ~23 Hours or so, over a period of about three weeks.
Review Time (time spent in the iOS app submission queue):
- 8 days the first time. Rejected due to a crash when running on the iPad.
- 5 days the second time.
New technologies I learned and used:
- Designing the details screens to fit everything I wanted. I’m still not thrilled with the result, but it will have to do for now. This challenge will only get larger as I add more features to the application.
- Overcoming some hurdles with UITableViews, and trying to figure out how to bend static cells to my will.
- The App Store review process and waiting game. This will likely be the target of a blog post in the near future. On the bright side, I learned an important lesson – always test your app on the iPod simulator as well as the iPhone simulator!
Future plans: Version 1.1 is already in development. Here are some of the things I would like to see in 1.1 and beyond:
- Support for reminder notifications for tasks with a due date
- The ability to search your tasks & notes
- The ability to add new tasks and notes directly from the task/note details screen
- More photo editing/manipulation tools
As always, please let me know if you have any feature requests or ideas!